Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 23 - Post Training Session #2

Tonight, Andrea taught us the push press. I've only done push press with 15 lb dumbbells before....little did I know what work weight she had in store for me.

45 lbs above my head later, I was shaking and sweating like a monster. Adam rocked out with a work weight of 100 lbs and Kyle held his own with 75 lbs (approximate..I don't know exactly what his was).

I also learned that this has become the family blog so apparently Kyle will be posting or I will be posting for both of us.

Then, I did 3 sets of body rows (previously described) - then we did pull-ups. I can't do one on my own, so Andrea helped me do a bunch.

Then it was WORKOUT time. I don't think Andrea has ever laughed so hard in her entire life...let me try to paint the scene for you...

Adam was given a 50 lb sandbag and I was given a 25 lb sandbag. We had to run up the hill next to Andrea's house and down her driveway, then back again, running as fast as we could carrying the weight. 10 times with a minute to run and then rest....so therefore the faster you run the longer you get to rest. Hypothetically.

Kyle, because he's so skinny, isn't allowed to do metabolic conditioning; he can only do strength training. So, he was given a 25 lb sandbag to use for the workout, but instead of running, he had to do walking lunges down the driveway.

So, Andrea counted us down and Adam and I take off running. I beat him on the first one and we're laughing because we think it's easy and fun. He beats me on the second one. Kyle hasn't even finished one rep....he's starting to turn a little green. I beat him on the 3rd one. Andrea is still laughing hysterically at how competitive we are getting against each other. On the 4th one, Andrea switches the 50 lb bag from Adam and gives it to Kyle. So Adam and I have equal weights and he beats me. Then she tells me to drop my weight, so I beat the pants off him. Then we do it again and I forget who wins because we are both dying by this point. On the 8th one, she gives me the 50 lb bag and I can barely carry it. I can only walk. Adam runs by me laughing and pointing. I beat him on the 9th one and I think 10th although I was slightly hallucinating by that point because our hearts are racing so fast we can't even think.

Kyle manages to make it through only 4 sets and he is hurting bad. No one is laughing with or at Kyle. Andrea (being the great coach that she is) decides to make Kyle feel better and lines everyone up for a 100 m dash. Of course Kyle wins and Andrea has a pretty funny video of me whining about how I can't beat boys in a run.

Then Kyle throws up for awhile. I take pictures. We decide we are going to have a BBQ after our workout next week. Everyone learns how to do dumbbell cleans for the workout tomorrow. We all get into the car and go home. Everyone hurts.

Tomorrow's workout for Kyle is 12 pushups x 6 rounds for quickest time.

My workout is:
1 minute of cleans (30 lb dumbbells)
1 minute of squats
1 minute of swings (25 lb dumbbell)
rest 1 minute

Max number in each round is best.

Pictures of today will be posted tomorrow or later this week. I'm sure there are some classic ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment