Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 30 - I am a golden GOD (dess)

Weight: -3.5 lbs
Workout: Monster awesome workout with Andrea....

2 warmup sets of 45 lbs back squat x 5 reps

3 work sets of 60 lbs back squat x 5 reps

1 set of 102 lb deadlifts x 5 reps

1 deadlift pull at 142 lbs!!!!!! - Yes, i felt like a stud.

At this point, Qamara interjected and said that I wasn't allowed to get in any bar fights since I'm getting so buff. I'll have to stop, apparently. (the bar fights...not the lifting)

2 negative pull-ups
3 negative pull-ups
5 body rows

Then the workout.....

Initially, I was to throw a 25 lb sandbag over my head, sprint to it, and do one burpee. Unfortunately, I split the sandbag open with my hefty throws after the first minute of workout, so we had to change it.

Adam and I were a team and were given a 45 lb bar and 35 lb set of dumbbells. One of us had to lift the 45 bar overhead and walk as quickly as we could about 150 m as one set. The other person had to carry the 2 35 lb dumbbells for a total of 70 lbs the same distance. We couldn't walk when the other person set down their bar/bells and had to go as many rounds as we could in 7 min. Adam and I did awesome!!!! He was a great partner and really kept me motivated. I was psyched because I was able to complete the workout and the other girls were using a 32 lb bar instead of the 45 lb bar and 25 lb dumbbells instead of 35's. After the first 4 rounds, we got to switch out one of the 35's for a 25 because our arms were starting to become numb, but I was psyched I could walk with a 45 lb bar overhead and 70 lbs as a carry. We went for 7 rounds in 7 minutes which was really good for how much weight we carried.

I'm feeling good now, but I can tell you I am going to be feeling this all week!!!!!

Let's see what the workout is tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment