Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 22 - Good things! Quick & Easy Greek Salad

Weight: -2.5 lbs
Workout: none today, had a great one yesterday
Mood: happy!

Yesterday, I did a workout that I've done before - Colleen & Jerk. Last time I did it three weeks ago, I did 19 sets in 5 min. Yesterday, I did 23 sets in 5 min. Improvement!!!!! And, last time, I woke up the next day feeling AWFUL. This morning, I feel a little stiff in the neck, but nothing like last time.

The Zone is definitely a help with feeling hungry or not hungry. I think one of the major issues I face is that I feel hungry all the time when I am actually not.

By the way, go to Trader Joe's and pick up the following items immediately - they are AWESOME!!!
  1. Chicken Gorgonzola (frozen foods section) - this is very zone friendly (except for higher fat content) and very low carbs for a prepared entree
  2. Salsa Verde - the best salsa I have ever had. Ever.
  3. If you can take the carbs, get the flaxseed tortilla chips - they pair perfectly with the salsa.

New easy and great lunch recipe -

Quick & Easy Greek Salad

Take a large ziploc container and fill with lettuce or mixed greens. Add 3-4 small spoonfuls of Wegman's bruschetta (from their olive bar). Add 5-6 pitted kalamata olives from Trader Joe's. Add a sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese if desired. Kraft now makes this Greek Vinaigrette with extra virgin olive oil and flavored with feta and oregano. Use a little of that. Put together in the AM and by lunchtime, you have a perfect meal. Pair with protein for Zone friendly meal.

Finally, on the good news front, my bridesmaid dress for this weekend fits perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Isn't it great when you are happy with the way something fits! Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete