Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 24 - Feeling Strong

Weight: -3.5 lbs
Workout: we overslept so either later today or tomorrow morning
Mood: Inspired

Yesterday's food journal:
Breakfast: Zone bar (Chocolate Fudge)...yummy! (can be ordered from www.zonediet.com)
Lunch: The last serving of Chicken Gorgonzola from Trader Joe's
Snack: 1 oz colby jack cheese (I gave Adam this snack too as he was sizing up a zone diet nightmare...an oversized sugar cookie....he made the right choice and took the cheese)
Dinner: Egg drop soup (no cornstarch), chicken w/ broccoli w/ garlic & no cornstarch or sugar in sauce (I did have 2 bites of Kyle's sesame chicken and 1/4 of a piece of scallion pancake)
Snack: PB out of the jar and 4 oz of milk

I'm totally in love with this Chinese restaurant who will make all my food from scratch and will change their recipes to make them Zone appropriate and still taste great. Fantastic! If you're a Philadelphia person, check out JoJo's Chinese at 20th and Chestnut. Delicious!

I woke up feeling strong today. I actually have a battle wound - a small circle of broken blood vessels from carrying the sandbag. I'm into it.

Kyle woke up feeling sore and hurting. He can barely walk. I think (but he doesn't believe me) that it is because he is eating all these refined carbs and they make you more tired and don't help your muscles to recover as much as eating a healthy dose of protein and vitamins from vegetables. And of course, because he is not used to the workouts, but neither am I but I feel better....I think it's the diet.

We shall see.....

2 comments: