Saturday, May 30, 2009

1st Training Session - Pics!

Qamara - Workout #1 - doing body rows (works the same muscles as pull-ups when you aren't strong enough to do a pull-up yet). Qamara was WAY better at them that I was, but I am better at burpees. Andrea's comments: "Enjoy being stronger now, because she is going to quickly overtake you" Yeah, I know.
Kyle during Workout #1 - he was the last one to finish. But that's ok because he's sweet and nice and not super competitive. Although, I bet he gets more competitive as this goes on. He HATES waiter's walk. After the first workout, he told Andrea he wasn't hurting that much...hahaha Kyle, let's see how much you have to lift this week....

Me almost at the end of Workout #1 - at this point, I can't feel my fingers or wrists and I'm just hoping I don't drop the 60 lbs of dumbbells in my hands....because I'm totally numb. After dropping those weights, doing 5 burpees almost felt good...I felt so light!
Finally, note the stop sign in the back of this picture. Kyle & Adam (not pictured here) both slammed their barbell into it a bunch of times. In weeks to come, this stop sign may be obliterated.
That's all for now....until next week's pictures!


1 comment:

  1. "Enjoy being stronger now, because she is going to quickly overtake you" Yeah, I know.

    You make me sopunds so evil...Training with really good atheletes tends to make the newer athletes better athletes :-)

    ReplyDelete