Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 10 - Oops!

So, I've been slightly delinquent the last few days, but I actually have been doing a good job. I skipped my workout on Weds, but had an awesome food day. I made (with my sous chef, Qamara) a chicken dish with fresh citrus herb sauce. Amazing! I will post the recipe in another entry. This dish does take slightly more effort, but it is worth it.

For workouts, today I did Bad Luck 13 and I did 3 rounds. After further review, Andrea mentioned that I might not be ready for 5 rounds...and that would be correct. It took me 10:45 to do 3 rounds of thruster x 13 (30lb), kb swings x 13 (25lb), and 5 burpees. I am pretty pleased with the fact that I did complete 39 30 lb thrusters, 39 25 lb kettlebell swings, and well....15 burpees sounds like none, but they suck more than anything I've ever done.

Tomorrow, I am going on my first trip of the summer - 4 beautiful days at Long Beach Island, NJ!!!! I'm going with my lovely friend Rachael and she is very much into working out, so we'll probably go for some runs, walks, and even some swimming if the weather is nice! I might even throw some burpees in there to make it tougher. It will be more of a free-for-all, but that's all you can expect on a holiday weekend.

The good news is that I am attempting to be food responsible. I put together a delicious menu for the weekend including:
  • Mexican taco salad w/ avocado-ranch dressing
  • Spinach strawberry salad with feta & pine nuts
  • Home-made hamburger patties
  • Hot dogs - we have to have them!
  • Veggie Scramble (see previous recipe)
  • Arugula salad (see previous recipe)
  • Chicken salad - i'm trying out a new recipe and will post if good
  • Turkey, cheese & scallion roll-ups
  • Fresh mozzarella, tomato, & basil salad

And of course, a bunch of fresh fruit & veggies!

Rachael (who is Ms. Dessert herself) will be bringing her personal favorites of which I will try my hardest not to indulge!!!!

And of course, we'll add some wine, vodka w/ club soda, and Coke Zero to the list....good for the beach and chick flick DVDs.

I'm very excited, if you can't tell.

I'll post the chicken and herb recipe next, but I'm signing off until Sunday or Monday!

Enjoy the holiday weekend, everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment