Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 19 - A great start!

Weight: ?? I'm at the shore!!!
Workout: Already completed for the day!
Diet: Will do very well today
Mood: About to get my study on for one of the last tests I will be taking...well, this year.

This AM's workout:
400 m dash
10 burpees

3 rounds of this for time

Completed in 11:30 at fairly high intensity (plus, it was HOT out) and got quite a few strange looks from the neighbors. That's ok.

I'm also proud of the fact that I packed all Zone appropriate meal fixings and have started off the day well with an egg white omelette w/ colby jack cheese and chicken sausage....delicious and very appropriate. I'm having an orange too for the carb and used a bit of olive oil to cook the sausage and eggs. I've also already had two bottles of water today...go me!

I also want to give a shoutout to my excellent behavior at Buddakan on Thursday night. For anyone who has ever been...heck, for anyone who has looked at the menu, you know there are a lot of delicious and very tempting options on there. I also need to thank Kyle for helping me to stay strong when we considered getting the ribs (dipped in hoisin sauce...hello pure sugar..).

We ended up having the most appropriate menu, consisting of:
Tuna tartare (which I ate without the pita crisps)
Seared scallops (where I avoided the rice noodles & pineapple)
Kyle had the filet which was fantastic
I had the sea bass served with haricot verts - a GREAT zone meal
And I only had one (ok maybe two) very small bites of the chocolate dessert and let Kyle eat the entire thing
And a glass of wine that Kyle had most of.

Yay!

I also have to confess that yesterday was not a good day at all. It was an incredibly busy and stressful day at work and therefore....
breakfast = did not have
snack = did not have
lunch = 2 slices of deli meat & a string cheese
snack = string cheese
dinner (eaten at 9PM) - salad w/ bacon & blue cheese (this was actually really zone friendly except I added more dressing than allowed...but it was a rough day), chicken tenders, and a glass of wine.

Not the worst day - I mean, I wanted to stop at the Asian buffet where I would have cheerfully consumed 3000 calories of refined sugars....but luckily I decided against it and Kyle knows not to get excited about actually doing these things.

Kyle is being the most supportive, wonderful man right now about all of this. Particularly because he doesn't understand this specific obsession of mine (how could he - he eats whatever he wants and doesn't gain a lb!!) but because he does it in a way that is supportive but not judgmental when I try to fall off the wagon. Then I feel guilty and I make the right choices.

I also have funny pics from last week's workout that I am going to post as well.

Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment