Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 8 - Workout Update

2 min of pushups = me falling apart after 10. So, I decided to start with sit-ups instead.

2 min of situps = 43

2 min of kettlebell swings with 25 lb weight = 33

2 min of squats = 43

2 min of burpees = 7 in 35 seconds and then I quit.

I thought these were pretty dismal results, but then I talked to Andrea about it and she said that for where I am at right now, she wouldn't expect me to have the strength to do the straight 2 min of pushups and then to do burpees last would really screw things up. Well, yes, it did!

The diet has been going well - today consisted of almond-crusted grilled chicken with a light helping of lettuce with ranch dressing, steamed broccoli, a tomato and fresh mozzarella salad and a nice chicken dish I made - chicken with citrus herb sauce. Very good and healthy - it's pan seared chicken with fresh spinach, thyme, and tarragon, dressed with light cream, orange zest, and fresh squeezed orange juice. Cooked in a vermouth sauce....yummy! I may post the recipe at some point.

Workout for tomorrow is the Bad Luck 13. 5 rounds for the best time possible of the following...

30 lb thruster x 13
25 lb kettlebell swing x 13
Burpee x 5

Andrea thinks it will take me 17 minutes....so keep your fingers crossed that I can beat that!!!!

Thruster video - he's doing a bit more than 30 lbs, but 30 lbs is pretty good for me!
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/Barbell_Thruster.wmv

Kettlebell Swing video - http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_KBSwings.wmv

And the dreaded burpee....http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_Burpees.wmv

Let's see what happens!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to see the vocab word change - "Coach"

    Keep up the good work Nicole. can't wait for you and Qamara to start next week !

    ReplyDelete