Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 4 - Workout

3 rounds of 10 x clean & jerk (30 lbs weight) + 400 m run.

Based on the streets of Philly over which I have no control, I upped it to a 500 m run.

Did 3 rounds in 11:26. Was gasping for breath at the end.

Saddest part is that the run was the hardest part....and that's supposed to be the easiest based on my current level of fitness.

Funny workout story of the day - A tricked out car with all windows tinted - in my opinion, a bit over the top for a '95 Honda, but what do I know....pulled into the alley where I was doing my reps. Then proceeded to watch me with the engine running for the rest of the workout. Then pulled a 5th grade flirting move where they moved one of my weights while I was running so I had to find it when I got back....luckily, that only cost me 10 seconds which I subtracted. Note to self: get much stronger and use bigger weights that any douchebag like Mr. Honda '95 can't pick them up.

Weigh-in's this week have been depressing (I know, Andrea, I'm not supposed to be on the scale)...I'm up 3 lbs since Monday. Not sure that I care since my clothes are actually a bit looser and definitely not uncomfortable. This weekend, we'll take measurements and pictures so there is a better starting zone.

I'm not sure if I'm self-actualized enough to post them....but we'll see.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Stop weighing yourself Nicole. And Kyle needs to gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am glad to see you linked John's site - but please address him as a "coach"....a personal trainer not so much.....

    ReplyDelete