Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 2 - Utter temptation....

So, in lieu of attending our bowling banquet, Kyle and I decided to take the Phillies tickets offered to me by my boss and attend the baseball game instead. I don't really like the Phillies, but I REALLY like sitting in my company's suite! Good times. Of course, I agree to go before I think about what a baseball game really means....oh yes....food that I want everywhere and the most delicious scents in the world. Yikes.

I almost caved when I saw the nachos stand....for anyone that knows me well, this is not at all a surprise....but luckily their deluxe nachos were chicken nachos and I hate chicken nachos. Narrow escape.

I also typically make Kyle walk around the ENTIRE ballpark so I can see each of my food options and select the one that I want the best, for fear of seeing something later in the evening that we did not pass and being disappointed. Did I mention I am an average-size woman with an obese person's mind????? This time, I was still wearing my work clothes and a pencil skirt and 3.5 inch heels changed my mind about doing the typical walk around. Saved by a narrow margin again.

I selected the healthiest thing that I could based on my diet and went with the chicken fingers and fries. I told Kyle he would have to eat the fries...but really I shared them with him. Rats. I also had a bite of his hot dog including the bun....not so good. But, on the positive front, when he asked me if I wanted more food later I said no, I even said no to a panini....if you have a high metabolism and live in Philly, do NOT MISS the paninis at Old Nelson at 20th and Chestnut. Walk, no...RUN to get there. But I digress.

Wait, I have to digress further. My dad, otherwise known as DR, just called to see how my birthday was and to tell me about this party he is going to tomorrow night. The naughty schoolgirl party. Basically, someone he knows on another golf league has a party in his basement with a 5 piece band and all the women dress like naughty schoolgirls and all the men dress like principals, janitors, or just derelicts. There is a pole set up in the middle of the room and there are paddles available and girls go over to the pole to get spanked for being naughty. My dad thinks they hire "outside" assistance for the girls...if you catch my drift. Is it just me, or do other people get the sense that retirement is just like going back to the frat house on a Friday night???

Anyways.....I was very angelic with the rest of my food today - some dry roasted peanuts, some grilled chicken, some spinach salad, and now finishing off the day with some egg drop soup (no crunchy noodles, very light cornstarch).

I'd grade the fitness portion of the day to be a B+ and the food portion of the day to be a C+.

The workout for tomorrow (or possibly Friday depending on my pain level when I wake up tomorrow..) is as follows:

5 x Clean & Push Jerk (25 lb dumbbells in each hand for total of 50 lbs weight) OR 10 x Clean & Push Jerk (15 lb dumbbells in each hand for a total of 30 lbs weight)

400 m Run

This series x 3-5 rounds not to exceed 15 minutes.

PS for those of you who are asking for video coverage of my pain....you may have your wish soon as Andrea does have the capability to tape this horror. In the meantime, check out http://www.crossfit.com/ as they have each of the movements I list here as part of their demo videos so you can see what the movement looks like. Also, look tomorrow for the first recipe posting if dinner is good...Pork/Chicken with Roasted Lemon Garlic....

No comments:

Post a Comment