Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 93 - My first blister

Boo.

Today, after running three miles in the new shoes and wondering why my foot hurt so badly....I found my first blister on my heel. It's about the size of a quarter and I really have no idea what to do with it.

I thought somehow I would be the first runner ever to escape blisters. After all, I've already been lucky enough to experience my toenails falling off, skin chafing and a wide range of other lovely runner symptoms.

Now, in dancing, we always would pop the blister, expose it to air, and then douse it with Nu-skin to have a second tougher layer of skin.

Any thoughts on how to treat this blister? I'm not really excited about running 6 miles with it hurting like heck on Sunday.

I did get through the three miles and I tried Sera's news article way of sprinting intervals. I actually like it a lot better....I did 1.5 mi regular and 1.5 mi sprints. It was actually fairly amusing!

Good news is that now I can have fun with Qamara & Jen tonight instead of run, run, running....

Also, my coach is working on a crossfit endurance program to help me do more Crossfit and less long runs in order to still train for the half. We'll see what exciting things come out of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment