Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 84 - Unbelievable progress....

Who knew that I would see such unbelievable progress.....let me direct you back to Day 18 of this journey.

400 m run
10 burpees

3 rounds for time.

On day 18, this was completed in 11:30 and I thought that was a pretty good time. Andrea suggested 10 min. The SAME workout was completed in 6:49 on day 82!!!!!!! I was booking it and working as hard as I could. Of course, it might be estimated at 400 m - might be a bit shorter, but the comparison stands because both workouts were completed in the exact same place at the shore. I'm truly amazed that I almost cut the time in half!!!!!!

In other news, I'm toying with the idea of running the ING Distance Run on Sept 20th....is it possible to train for a half marathon in 7 weeks? My gut tells me it is if I really put my mind to it, keep doing Crossfit workouts to train endurance, keep up with the strength training, buy my own ab mat and do sit-ups every day, and actually complete all long runs and cross-training as scheduled.

Thoughts, anyone????

No comments:

Post a Comment